Dear fellow Real estate owners and potential owners
When you own a home, we all know that it is an investment and we all want to protect our investment.
So a little maintenance is a great idea and well worth the time and can save you $1000’s in the long run. Just like a vehicle when it needs a repair we usually take care of it right away so that it will last us longer or be worth more if we go to sell it.
So I would like to help you protect what you work SO hard for.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind, for this fall ( before the snow flies) ( picture the snow flies)
- Are your plumbing vent stacks higher than potential snow depth on your roof, they must be able to breathe
- Get on your roof ( or hire someone) to check for potential leaks, or ice damming
- Be sure to maintain a humidity level around 50%, helps avoid dry skin and nose bleeds
- Check for heat loss around windows and doors. ( ask me how, it is simple, it can save you $)
- Check for heat loss around outlets, on exterior walls as well as interior walls.
- Remove window air conditioners, they can be a big heat loss.
- Check attic hatchs and light fixtures for heat loss.
- Check for deteriorated caulking, remove and re-caulk, keeps out cold air, moisture, bugs
- Bugs and rodents/pests look for warm places for the winter, they can cause a lot of damage.
- Turn off outside taps and drain, wrap all water pipes ( ask me why)
- Check for moisture gathering and mold in your bathroom, you should have an exhaust fan.
- For older windows consider shrink wrap or heavy curtains to keep heat in, be sure to open during daylight
- Look for condensation on windows and walls, fix the issue or it will frost up on Cold nights,
- Stake out things that may get buried in snow, this way snowblower won’t catch them
- Cut the grass one more time, it’s easier to rake off leaves and gravel in the spring, you’ll thank me
- Very important, be sure that your CO2 and smoke detector are working well.
- Remember to let the sun in during the winter to warm the house and be sure to close the drapes at night to keep the cold out, however , it is a must to open drapes in the daytime, ask me why? This is just the begining, please feel free to call me and I would be glad to help you better understand these and more items.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COMPLIMENTARY ANNUAL MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST, CALL OR EMAIL TODAY. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A HOUSE PASS IT ON TO SOME ONE THAT DOES AND TELL THEM I SENT IT. MAINTENANCE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE OVERALL HEALTH OF YOU AND YOUR HOME. CALL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE DETAILS. IT'S FREE.
If you have any questions OR would like a HOME VISIT, please feel free to call me and I can explain in more detail and how this will affect your future home value. As well if you have any Real estate questions please give me a call today and I would be very happy to come and see you and give you some very helpful tips in maintenance to increase your home value. Check out my blog and website for more great information. As well when you or someone you know would like to buy or sell, call me today, and I will give them the great service they deserve.
Thankyou for taking the time to read this,
705-733-5821 direct line/text
Have a terrific day!!
REMEMBER, A HEALTHY HOME MAKES FOR A HEALTHIER YOU